Please note: this page is old, not updated, and should be more thought of as a general outline of the direction we want to take the game in.
Basically we want external interfaces to be stable.
- New save file format (Done?)
- Separate Player from Ship (breaks Lua)
- Turn Missiles into guided Projectiles
- Module manifest
- Convert to dear-imgui (In progress)
- Starsystem generation rewrite (plus custom systems)
- 3D cockpits (only visual, not functional) (In progress)
- Gameplay stuff, redesigned UI. Dunno yet.
- Functional 3D cockpits
Pioneer has changed versioning system and will no longer release a 1.0 version. Development will continue continuously with new features and fixes added, making every new version slightly better than the one before. Below is a compiled list of features.
Warning: This list is incomplete - and under active discussion so subject to change
- Star views and navigation
- Combine system (orbit) view into star map
- Bookmarks, travel log
- Maybe other streamlining as well? such as?
- is galaxy view useful at all?
- Missions and station interface
- Redesign the bulletin board to allow filtering and searching (e.g., adverts have tags, as shown in this old mock-up).
- Better access to missions or BB. maybe alerts?
- Centralise bulletin board within the station interface (ie, everything else hangs off the bulletin board; the BB is basically the station-wide-web)
- Replace the "standard" commodity market with multiple traders/shops advertising on the BB
- Replace the "standard" ship equipment and servicing screens with mechanics advertising on the BB
- Replace the "standard" ship purchase screen with specialist shops advertising on the BB, plus also individual pilots posting ship-for-sale and ship-wanted adverts
- Commodity Prices (see link for more) / Economy will be more advanced (Dynamic?)
- goals: allow more than just laser bolts (beams, missiles), auto-tracking guns and turrets
- rewrite, basically
- conflicts with lua trade goods/equipment?
- Remove random generation of factions
- Factions into translation system
- Separate Player from Ships
- to enable shuttlecraft and remote drones
- Hitpoints: use generic HP value instead of mass. system specific damage?
- Cargo: use kg instead of tons
- needs more higher level stuff like basic self preservation, modules must not have to implement their own (like tradeships...)
- formations, anyone?
- AI vs AI?
- Military progression / treason.
- Something like the Scout missions the walterar has done, exploration jobs.
- No hypersace from in atmosphere / or too close to a planet surface.
- In-system hyperspace jumps to make assassination missions and piracy actually possible.
- Alternatively a Fast-As-Light drive, Shadmar has taken a hacked one I (fluffyfreak) wrote and updated it for Paragon.
- A reason to actually have Crew on the ship.
- better hyperjump planning, for multiple jumps,
- Better autopilot (i.e. make actual auto equipment perform worse)
- Cargo has volume, and this is what limits a cargo hold. forum
- Allow player to buy some types of ship equipment as cargo and have it fitted elsewhere
- Ship visual customization
- Space stations
- external docking
- traffic rules (don't allow modules to let ships idle forever)
- Ship to ship docking / comunication
- Networking / "Fake multiplayer" Network features