Places of interest
If you've found something bizarre and/or wonderful, let other players know where here. Though if it's a bug it should be on the Issue tracker.
Timing (Eclipses, etc.)
- Epsilon Eridani (1,-1,-1), New Hope, Itzalean space port, at January 1 3200 22:00 there is an eclipse as Hades blocks out the light from Epsilon Eridani.
- Go to Vetiar (-14, -12, -11) A's colony Brennan Base on the world Morales's Mine and wait until 3204 Apr 25 around 2:53. A double sunset awaits.
- Waioeth (-13, -9, -13) is a red supergiant roughly 1.7 AU wide. At the distant world of Fox Colony, one can buy basic military drives, hyperspace cloud analyzers, and a variety of other interesting sundries. A heck of a vacation spot.
- Ackay (-13, -13, -10), a red giant star 0.15 wide. The planets are far enough away from each other to make missions between them completely impractical. A superjupiter as far away as Pluto!
Life, But Not As We Know It
- Gretia (-7, -6, -8)'s world Sampson looks like a partially terraformed Mars. Its ecosystem is reputedly quite complex, and the planet is studded with human settlements. Not exactly undiscovered country, but if all you want is to see an exotic lifeform in its natural habitat, and you don't really want to just get away from it all, it's a great place to start. You'll also get a look at life under an M class star!