PioneerWiki talk:Community portal
Intended for general Pioneer wiki talk/discussions/etc. (use [+] to start a new section.)
For page specific talk/discussion. See the page related discussion page.
I don't now if there is already some general view/discussion on what MediaWiki extension to add (or not) to the Pioneer wiki. I like to nominate the 'ParserFunctions' extension (www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ParserFunctions) (note: this extension might already be installed, just not enabled currently.). It basically allows for if/else support, which good be put to good use in Infobox templates.. Second on my list, although there seems to be no direct need for it at the moment, would be 'Semantic MediaWiki' (semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Semantic_MediaWiki). Mainly for adding properties support, but it has also a lot of other useful features. --MvGulik 01:06, 3 January 2014 (PST)
- "TODO: compile a table comparing useful specs of all the different ships." (ref)
- With Semantic MediaWiki this could be done based on the data inside the ship infoboxes. Instead of manually maintained data tables. (usefulness in this case depending a bit on the rate at which the ships data might change.) --MvGulik 07:56, 4 January 2014 (PST)
I'm planning on making some case study/tutorial video timelapses about content creation, so a way to embed youtube or vimeo would be nice. I'm not sure there's plugin installed for that though. --Nozmajner (3 January 2014)
- Just in case. Some video extension list's. --MvGulik 08:48, 4 January 2014 (PST)
I added and implemented some changes to the Infobox_Company template. Some things that I noted that might need some attention.
- Some Company's use a trailing dot in there name. Others don't. (I suggest ditching the dot.)
- The File:Albr.png as old logo, can go in my view (not used anymore). If there is a need to keep it around, a better alternative to having it around as a stand-alone image file is to add the new image version to the old file(update it).
--MvGulik 05:03, 4 January 2014 (PST)
What about support other languages on this Wiki? Are language interwiki prefixes supported? If not, is a good idea just to write translations of some pages and wait for admins to find out solution? Or should I rather create my own hosting wiki? (I have arleady created such a hosting with translate extension, however it's still in early experimental phase). Pirogronian (talk) 17:16, 20 April 2018 (UTC)